About Soil Remineralization
Introduction to Reminerializaton
Applications and Applying
You use the whole bag in your usual spring or fall digging. We give you just the amount you need to make a significant difference in your garden this year.
Conventional or pre-mixed fertilizers generally supply only the basic nutrition for basic plant growth; not the breadth of nutrients needed for a plant to produce fruit and vegetables with the full range of nutrients they are capable of producing and we humans need to consume for health.
We are concerned about growing nutrient-dense food because even “healthy” food like spinach or the good ole potato are not as nutritious as they used to be, and that is all because of the soil they are grown in. A single serving of spinach in the 1970’s held 150 mg of iron. Today that same single serving of spinach provides us with 5 mg of iron! In that same 40 years a potato has lost 100% of Vitamin A, 57% of Vit C & Iron, 28% calcium, 50% riboflavin, and 18% thiamin.
This is due to the serious depletion of minerals from agricultural soils. In the last 100 years soils have lost 85% of their mineral content.
So, is it true then that farmers on the large produce farms could rejuvenate their soils, bring back the flavors, nutrients and colors in the fruits and vegetables that we are getting in our grocery store just by remineralizing?
Yes, and it is inexpensive, easy and reduces waste and cost in comparison to conventional methods.
Most likely you will need to apply your remineralization mix in the spring and perhaps in the fall. You may need take soil tests and add remixes according to your results for a few years as your soil improves and changes. However, in just a short time; a few years, your soil will need very little input to keep it healthy and productive for many many years to come.
How to Apply Soil Ammendments
- Step One – Click here to purchase your years worth of gardening advice and prescription amendment from us. After we receive your order we will contact you to find out specifics about your garden and advise accordingly.
- Step Two – Start by taking a soil sample from your lawn, or garden. SoilSampleInstructionsClick Here for Print Instructions on How to Collect a Soil Sample for garden, lawn, or flower bed, print instructions.
- Step Three – Mail us your sample so that we may complete a broad spectrum analysis of your soil.
- Step Four – We will mail you your prescribed amendment to your door. This amendment mixture is all that your garden will need for fertilizer for the growing season. Typically we mail you one application to be put on in the spring and one to be put on in the fall.
- Step Five – Work your prescribed amendment into your soil. Click here for print instructions
My Best Garden Ever
3510 6th Avenue North
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 5C3
My Best Garden Ever
620 North Main Street
P.O. Box 326
Lakeview, OH 43331
The ingredients in the Prescription Remineralization Amendment is a blend of many different all natural materials such as Glacial Rock Dust, gypsum, iron sulphate, manganese sulphate, zinc sulphate, copper sulphate, crushed oyster or shrimp or crab shell, kelp, bone or blood or soybean meal.
Using minerals to fertile your soil in the way nature has is good for the good for the planet. Soils that have been remineralized use less water, drought resistant, disease resistant and are healthy for humans as well as our planet.